The InSafe Dental Syringe Starter Kit contains:
- 3 x Insafe 2.2ml Syringes of your choice.
- 1 x InSafe Sharps Container.
- 1 x InSafe Sharps Container Base.
- 1 x 250 InSafe Needle Adaptors, Imperial (yellow) for 2.2ml cartridges.
Create a Safer Working Environment for you and your team.
Studies in the UK suggest that up to 56% of dental practices experience at least one needlestick injury per year, and that as many as 30% of these constitute a moderate or high risk of transmission of infection.
The InSafe Dental Syringe is a new and totally unique anaesthetic safety system. It's a low cost, simple way to protect dental clinical staff. InSafe's patented syringe and sharps container ensure that the contaminated needle is never exposed except when required for the injection. Dismantling the needle at the end of the procedure is one-handed and poses no risk of injury. No other system offers this level of protection.
- The only reusable syringe that protects staff from start to finish
- Can be fully dismantled for sterilisation
- Feels and weighs like a traditional syringe
- Doesn't require any change of technique by the dentist
- Works with all standard dental needles
- Available in 1.8 or 2.2 ml format.
- Easy and safe needle disposal in the inSafe Sharps container.
- Versatile system with full choice of interchangeable aspiration options and handle design.
- Quick and simple cartridge change without dismantling device.
- Complies with H&S at Work regulation
- Best New Product Winner - The Dental Awards 2009
- Optional disposal service available from IMS.
In 2010, a new European directive was published on needle stick injuries with the aim to create the safer working environments by preventing injuries caused by medical sharps.
In the UK, The Health & Safety (Sharps Instruments in Healthcare) Regulations 2013 were introduced to meet the requirements on the EU Directive 2010/32 and aspects existing UK legislation does not specifically address.
The risk of needle stick injuries is highest amongst workers in health and social care environments who directly handle sharps but also includes workers who may inadvertently be put at risk when sharps are not stored or disposed of correctly.
The main risk from a sharps injury is the potential exposure of infections such as blood borne viruses (BBV). This can occur where the injury involves a sharp that is contaminated with blood or a bodily fluid from a patient. The BBV of most concern are:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
The regulations outline requirements that must be met in order comply with legislation these include:
- Eliminate the unnecessary use of sharps by implementing changes in practices and providing safer sharps incorporating engineered protection mechanisms.
- Provide sharps disposal equipment as close as possible to the assessed areas where sharps are being used or found.
- Prevent the recapping of needles.
- Use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Making information and awareness raising on risks, good practice, recording incidents / accidents and support available.
- Training on the correct use of safer sharps and disposal procedures.
The specially designed InSafe Sharps Safety System ensures compliance with this new legislation. This unique syringe and sharps disposal box ensures that the contaminated needle is never exposed except when giving the actual injection. This provides complete protection for employees and patients from the very start of the procedure – right through to final disposal.
The syringe feels and aspirates just like a tradition syringe ensuring there will be no interruptions to your dental practices when introducing our protective system.
Features of InSafe Sharps System
- Aspirating and non-aspirating syringes available
- Compatible with all standard dental needles and cartridges
- Safe needle disposal for up to 250 needles in 1litre capacity sharps container
- Complaint with UK legislation
- Syringe can be fully dismantled for sterilisation